Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A Tribute to Mother

May 10, 2010....Mother's Day...


I wanted this to be a special tribute to my mother who passed away several years ago. She was my special rock...my go to person...she always understood my situations...even before I had them figured out. It took a strong will and mind to raise stair step children in the 50's and 60's. She always said that having 3 toddlers at once was an experience. I was the oldest, then my sister, 2 years younger and my brother a year younger than her. My youngest sister came along 10 years after me. I was the first grandchild and the first for my parents so can you guess who the spoiled one was?

My mother was a homemaker, dad's secretary and also found time for one of her favorite activities....bowling. She and my dad were avid bowlers, both belonging to the 700 club. Most of the traveling throughout Illinois to tournaments was before us kids were born and then while we were young.
When my youngest sister started school, mom decided it was time to work outside our home. She went to work for the Illinois Department of Public Aid until her retirement. The picture above is one of several shots taken for their wedding. I have always been proud of my beautiful mother and handsome father!!

The gorgeous Spring Catus was my gift for Mother's Day. I think, together, they made my day...have a great week...Shelly



4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your Mum, Shelly! The photo of your parents is lovely too and the spring cactus flowers are a gorgeous accent to the photo. It sounds like you had a lovely day ~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely tribute to your Mom .

    My Mom's been gone for several years too Shelly....and I miss just being able to pick up the phone and call her.... she was our rock as well.... and somehow with her we managed to put some of the fun in dysfunctional around our house....

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow what a lovely post. Your mum was so beautiful and vibrant too. Thanks for sharing
    hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog, Shelly! A Merry Christmas to you and your family and very Best Wishes for the New Year!

    Love, Light and Peace,
    Serena

    ReplyDelete