Monday, April 26, 2010

Getting back into the swing of things!

Hi all! It's been a while since I have posted...but I have been keeping up with everyone. I'll even try to catch up on the Monday Photo of the Week. I'm not linked to the themes, but will find them through some of your blogs.

The last few weeks in my world has been kinda topsy turvy...some problems to deal with and some minor surgery on my left foot..."a misplaced 4th metatarsal head" does that tell you what you need to know? It was causing pressure on the bottom of my foot and had to come out. When I asked the doctor if a person could live without that bone, he just glared at me and said "You ! are gonna have to!" Ok, so a week ago I had the surgery and today went back for a checkup. Everyone, including me was pleased as healing is underway. It sill hurts somewhat to walk and I have an ugly shoe to wear. I can't wait to get back into regular shoes....if fact...I have ordered new ones...some cute MaryJanes.

Anyway, I tried to keep busy last week when I was unable to walk...not a whole lot a person can do lying in bed with your foot up on pillows. Thanks to a wonderful bogging friend who sent me several digital images to work with, I've been coloring and now am trying to be creative making cards...some I will described below.

This little girl looks like she is in deep thought...

On the inside, just a touch of inspiration!

This little girl is doing that "he loves me, he loves me not".


And on the inside the definition of a wish!



I found the puzzle pieces on clipart...I just copied and pasted a whole sheet to use however I wanted.


The inside, I found these words very fitting...just like puzzle pieces....



My granddaughter wanted to create her own card for one of her best friends...Reese...this is what she came up with.



She wanted the bow to be on the inside. I don't know if you can tell, but the stripes on the front and back are shinny and the dots on the inside are also shinny and glittery. I think she did a great job!
Have a great day.....Shelly






3 comments:

  1. WOW!!You have been busy.. So glad your feeling better.. These cards are all just beautiful..Fab coloring and designs..Very lovly!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered where you had got to....glad to hear all is healing well after the surgery. Creative play certainly helps when you aren't as mobile as you would like to be. A lovely array of cards, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab cards Shelly. Really hope your foot heals and improves very soon.
    A x

    ReplyDelete